While working for Shoolu.com, part of my job was to update and maintain our E-Commerce site. The store was initially built by an external agency they contracted before I was hired. Since then, there's not a part of the site that I haven't tweaked and iterated on. Just for reference, this is what the site looked like when I got hired:
The site is built using BigCommerce and the theme is based off of BigCommerce's Cornerstone theme. Over the last few years I've updated:
- Header Layout, making it easier for customers to either search for shoes or contact us for help.
- Navigation Menu, for a cleaner look and an easier time finding things.
- Hero Carousel, fixed some of the responsiveness so it's looks good on every screen size.
- Lazy Loading Images, to keep the request size down and load things faster.
- Adding the ability to have Time Based Notices display in the store.
- Created an API to pull products from a specific category since there isn't such a thing already built into the Stencil framework.
- And A whole lot more.
Check Out Shoolu.com
Need your own E-Commerce store? Drop us a line and we can help you get set up with Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce or whatever you're currently using!